When you need to replace your old piggyback forklift or buy a new one to meet your business needs, you will face the age-old question of buying used vs. new. While most business owners would prefer a new moffett, companies, especially small ones, don't have a big enough budget to buy a new one. That is why we at Trucks Forklifts provide used moffett forklifts to businesses that are pre-inspected and in great shape. However, many customers who come to us aren't sure if they should buy a used or new moffett. To help anyone wondering if they should buy a new or old moffett and when is it a good idea to buy a used one, we have put together this helpful article. We suggest you read this article until the end.
Used vs. old Moffett forklift trucks, what are the pros and cons?
Just like every other decision a business has to make daily, buying used vs. new moffett forklift trucks also has its set of pros and cons. With that being said, here are some pros and cons of buying used vs. old moffetts:
Pros and cons of buying a new moffet: When you purchase a new moffett, you might think it's all sunshine; however, even a new moffett can have some cons.
- You can buy the latest model of a moffett forklift with the latest features.
- Brand new parts are installed on a new moffett, which means reduced initial maintenance cost.
- The cost of a brand new moffett will be higher, and you have to pull a lot of money out of your business account to buy one.
- You can't negotiate the price when buying a new moffett.
- There is a lot of paperwork involved in buying a new moffett, making buying a new one a lengthy and complicated process.
Pros and cons of buying a used moffet:
Coming towards used moffetts there are pros and cons on this side of the spectrum as well. Here are some pros and cons to consider when you are looking for a used piggyback forklift for sale:
- The cost savings of buying a used moffet are significant, and you can buy a used moffet at half the price of a new one.
- You can select a used moffett forklift from our inventory and buy it or get it delivered to your location without going through lengthy paperwork.
- You don't have to wait long for your moffett, as you can get one delivered or take it with you as soon as you buy it.
- You can easily find parts for a used moffett, while newer models might not have good part availability.
When is it a good idea to buy a used moffett?
If you are going to be using your moffett for shorter durations daily, then buying a used one might be a good idea. However, high-quality used moffetts such as this used Princeton PB50 can easily handle longer work hours.
Are you looking for a used Moffett forklift for sale near me? Just get in touch with us at (205) 224-9949.